Sunday, December 6, 2009

Last week!

Thursday was our last training session as a cohort of trip leaders. It was a relaxing, even slightly informal meeting. We went over some last minute details (where to pick up our van, where to pick up the sweatshirts for participants, etc.) and discussed reflection on the trip for a little bit. We ended the meeting by hearing a 3-5 minute presentation from every trip leader pairing on their trip. I loved it. I know my trip pretty well, because I was a participant last year, but it was so interesting to hear about all the other trips, which, honestly, I didn't know that much about. The only downer was hearing about how a lot of trips are going to go to the beach in their spare time - the weather forecast says it will be around a 7 degree windchill when we get to Minnesota!

This Saturday, the majority of the trip was able to meet up at Donato's and just hang out; it's nice to get to know people on your trip before you spend 14 hours in a van with them. Everyone seems really relaxed, I think it's going to be a great trip.

We leave on Saturday at 6:00 am! I'll be updating the blog a lot more once we get there, complete with pictures and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment